The main features of the Homebuyer service are compared with those of a Building Survey below;
|Type of property||Conventional houses, flats, bungalows, etc. in apparently reasonable condition.||Any resedential property in any condition.|
|Type of Service||Economy package in standard form.||A detailed and comprehensive report that can be tailored to suit your needs.|
|Objects of Service||To assist Client to:|
(1) make an informed judgement on wether or not to proceed.
(2) assess what would be a reasonable purchase price for the Property.
(3) assess all urgent and significant matters before exchanging contracts (in Scotland, before concluding an offer)
|To provide Client with;|
(1) a detailed assessment of the condition of the Property.
(2) technical advice on the problems and remedial works.
|Special Features||Focus on urgent and significant matters||Comprehensive details of Property’s construction, materials, uses and defects.|
|Valuation||Integral part of HOMEBUYER Service||Provided as agreed extra.|
|Form of report||Compact, fixed RICS format.||In Surveyors own format, usually much longer and much more technical.|